A dear lady that we have worked with gave me the following suggestions that have helped her in her journey of healing. She asked me to share them with those of you who are in the healing process and prays that these suggestions will help you as much as it has helped her.
This survivor is a trafficked woman who was ritually abused from birth. So many of the suggestion come from her own experiences.
- I have great worth apart from my performance because Christ gave His life for me and therefore, imparted great value to me. I am deeply loved, fully pleasing, totally forgiven, accepted, and complete in Christ. (The Search for Significance, by Robert S. McGee, p. 61.)
- The true God formed your inward parts; He wove you together in your mother’s womb. You are amazingly and wonderfully made. Your frame was not hidden from Him when You were made in secret, and skillfully formed at the foundation of the earth. His eyes saw you when you were formless; All your days were written in His book and planned before a single one of them began. (Psalm 139:13-16)
- Before the true God formed the world, He chose us to be adopted into His family, through Yeshua and to stand before Him holy and blameless. He knew we would trespass and do bad, and yet He having wisdom and the knowledge of all we would do, still loves us, lavished grace on us, and showed us kindness by buying us back with Yeshua’s blood and forgiving all our sins. He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Yeshua! We have an inheritance in Him and having believed we are sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, which is the pledge of our inheritance.
(Paraphrase of Ephesians 1:3-14)
Why I DON’T Want to go back to family
- My family is in a bad group which hurts me.
- My family hurts me and has me do bad things.
- I am made to hurt my family and friends and to get them to do bad.
- If I go back to my family I will also be back in the bad group again.
- If I am in the bad group I will be a tool of Satan to do bad in the world to: control, scare, and hurt people.
- When I am in contact with family Satan uses us as pawns to blackmail each other to do bad (i.e. I will hurt _____ unless you do ____.)
- I want to be a trail blazer and to show family and friends that they can get free. To lead and blaze a trail I need to turn my back to my loved ones and pray they follow me.
Disassociation & Sharing Memories
- Knowing truth sets you free. Hiding truth keeps you in bondage.
- You lived through the bad experience. The memory of the experience is way less dangerous and painful than the actual experience. It is a programming lie that:
- you will die if you remember
- that sharing the memory with others will be more than they can handle.
- Disassociation is like leprosy: It is great when there is pain greater than you can handle, but makes things way worse under all other conditions. When someone with leprosy gets a small wound, they don’t feel it. Because they don’t feel it they don’t protect it or take care of it and it turns into a major wound which can lead to loss of a limb or major illness. If we dissociate things we cannot:
- take proper precautions to prevent further injury
- deal with them
- help bring healing.
They become worse and worse. It is OK to remember and feel, that will bring protection, treatment and healing.
Why I DO Want to Grow Up
- Big people get big cookies.
- Big people get to drive.
- I have a “big people” body.
→ That proves it is a trick of Satan to make me little in my mind.
→ I don’t want to agree with tricks or believe lies.
- One of my big parts says it is a plan of Satan for my mind to stay little. This is because babies use only use two parts of the brain and children use maybe a bit more. However, adults can use all of the mind, so they are not so easy to trick and control.
→If I grow up Satan can’t trick and control me so easily.
- If all babies and littles grow up, it will be safer to do things like: go places alone, call and visit family and old friends (if I choose to: more freedom = more choices), have a job, or use the internet.
- If all grow up we may get to buy a car and drive it!
- We can help people more.
- We don’t have to hide on the inside if we grow up and are not little.
- We can have more friends and do more things.
I will continue sharing her insights in my next blog.