Essential Prayer Elements
Those who work with survivors of ritual abuse must be willing to be used as His vessel however He chooses in order to “bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.” Isaiah 61:1
When working with survivors of ritual abuse, pray for the following :
- Wisdom and discernment
- His love for each part of the system
- His eyes to see the situation
- Help to follow His lead at all times (don’t let me run ahead or behind)
- Help to keep me from being distracted
- Help to focus on God’s agenda during the ministry session
- Protection – no retaliation against the Body of Messiah
- Purification of the name of the Lord Jesus Messiah and all images of Him and His Holy Word
- Clarification for those in the internal system who may not know the Lord Jesus, the Messiah, to whom we are praying; we are praying to the Lord Jesus of Nazareth who came in the flesh, live a sinless life, was crucified o the cross to conquer sin and death and who rose again on the third day.
- The Lord Jesus the Messiah NOT to allow anyone to answer in His place
- To expose any false gods or those who are imposters
- The Lord Jesus the Messiah to enter into the system and find the personality that HE wants present for the whole system (once that is done, the counselor asks this one to pray and bind on behalf of the entire internal system)
- The Holy Spirit to go before you exposing all lies and replacing them with the truth that Jesus has come to set the captives free
- Placement of the session into the hands of the Lord Jesus, the Messiah.
- The Lord Jesus, the Messiah, to bring out those with whom He wants us to talk and to surface all those issues He wants us to address so that the Lord Jesus will be glorified in everything we do
- Bind all unclean spirits from inference, ask the Lord to expose the work of the enemy and defeat all strongholds in His timing.
- Ask the Lord Jesus, the Messiah to separate that which is demonic from all humanity (including all dissociative parts), between the demons and all personalities in the system so that the demonic are unable to receive or draw power internally or externally.
- All demonic that are external are to be bound to a radius where they cannot see or hear or interfere in any way and ask the Lord to prevent any astral projections from coming in or out. We intercede for all dissociated parts.
- Intercede for all associated parts that they would not be able to call on unclean spirits and whatever all internal and external triggering parts might try to do would have no effects.
Prayer Concerning Double Binds
Lord, Jesus the Messiah, I give you all persons known and unknown to me (known subconsciously by the ‘darkside host’) for your care and keeping. I ask in your mercy, Lord, that you would annul all death pacts and covenants (Isaiah 28:14-18) over all these loved ones and for all parts of me. Lord, please expose all lies about their condition and reveal your truth to all personalities about the loved one’s condition.
Prayers for Survivors
Follow these links to find prayers that many survivors of ritual abuse have found helpful.
- Morning and Evening Prayers
- Prayer for Repentance
- Prayer Before Asking God’s Will
- Prayer Before Bible Study
Our prayer partners faithfully pray for the CARE staff. If you have a prayer request and would like them to pray for you too, please Click Here to send your request.
Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You. 2 Sam 7:27
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chron 7:13-14
Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to Your word to Your servant. Ps 119:76
For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. And this also we pray, that you may be made complete. 2 Cor 13:7-9
For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may have a walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. Col 1:9-13
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thess 5:16-18
|Select a Topic to Read Related Scriptures|
All scriptures are from the New International Version (NIV) translation.
- God’s promises to the system (Isaiah 61 & 62) Jesus will:
- preach good news to the poor
- bind up the broken-hearted
- proclaim freedom for the captives
- release the prisoners from darkness
- proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God(against the demonic in the system)
- comfort all who mourn
- bestow a crown of beauty instead of ashes
- bestow the oil of gladness instead of mourning
- bestow a garment of praise instead of spirit of despair
- God’s promises to alter personalities (Isaiah 61 & 62):
- They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated for generations.
- They will be named ministers of our God and feed on the wealth of nations.
- They will receive a double portion and everlasting joy.
- All who see them will acknowledge they are a people the Lord has blessed.
- They will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.
- They will be called the Holy People: the Redeemed of the Lord.
- Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Psalm 51:6
- O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will build you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with sapphires. I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all your walls of precious stones. Isaiah 54:11-12
- I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him, creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel. Peace, peace, to those far and near,” says the Lord. “And I will heal them. Isaiah.57:18-19
- The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. Isaiah 58:11-12
- For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.Ezekiel 36:24-26
- I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten. Joel 2:25
- As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit. Zechariah 9:11
- All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:8-11
- And we know that in all things God works for good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
- Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come. 2 Corianthians 5:17
- For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility… His purpose was to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which He put to death their hostility. Ephesians 2:14-16
- …being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6
- Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed… if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 1 Peter 4:12-13,16
I can’t recover from what I’m going through.
- And the God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10
I have lost all hope.
- Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. Romans 5:3-5
God cannot identify with what I’m going through.
- In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering. Both the One who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers… since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity so that by His death he might destroy him who holds the power of death – that is, the devil – and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death… He had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God… Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:10-18
- For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet was without sin. Hebrews 4:15
- I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fall because of all my foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. Psalm 6:6-8
- The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry. Psalm 34:15
- The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases Him. Proverbs 15:8
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7
- The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16
- This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of Him. 1John 5:14-15
- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105
The Word of God has been perverted.
- Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6
The Word of God is ineffective in my life.
- [My word] will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16
- For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
My family is cursed.
- Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me. Genesis 22:17b-18
Why does God allow abuse to happen?
- You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:5-6
Can my family line be redeemed?
- Redeem all your firstborn sons. Exodus 34:20b
Will God free/return my family?
- Do not be like your fathers and brothers, who were unfaithful to the Lord, the God of their fathers, so that He made them an object of horror, as you see. Do not be stiff-necked, as your fathers were; submit to the Lord… If you return to the Lord, then your brothers and your children will be shown compassion by their captors and will come back to this land, for the Lord your God is gracious and compassionate. He will not turn His face from you if you return to Him. 2 Chronicles 30:7-9
- Yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save. I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be drunk on their own blood, as with wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. Isaiah49:25-26
- All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children’s peace. Isaiah 54:13
- Is it not to share your food with the hungry… and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here am I. Isaiah 58:7-9
- Lift up your eyes and look about you: all assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar, and your daughters are carried on the arm. Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy… Isaiah 60:4-5
- For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back to your own land. Ezekiel 36:24
Why does God allow family involvement?
- Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn “a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law – a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.” Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy than me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:34-39
- Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land. Then the land will yield its fruit, and you will eat your fill and live there in safety. Leviticus25:18-19
- I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. Psalm3:5-6
- I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
- But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:11-12
- He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. Psalm18:16-18
- We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. 1 John 5:18
God does not hear my cries.
- The Lord hears the needy and does not despise His captive people. Psalm 69:33
- Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Jer. 1:5
I am a child of Satan.
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13
I am irredeemable.
- Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow. Though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
God has forgotten me.
- Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! Isaiah 49:15
- Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again. Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, O captive Daughter of Zion. Isa.52:1-3
God is too angry with me.
- “To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again. Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:9-10
God cannot love me.
- I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful. Again you will plant vineyards on the hills of Samaria; the farmers will plant them and enjoy their fruit. Jeremiah 31:3-5
God’s love cannot reach me.
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, nether the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39
I can never escape from the cult.
- You may say to yourselves, “These nations are stronger than we are. How can we drive them out?” But do not be afraid of them; remember well what the Lord your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt. You saw with your own eyes the great trials, the miraculous signs and wonders, the mighty hand and outstretched arm, with which the Lord your God brought you out. The Lord your God will do the same to all the peoples you now fear. Deuteronomy 7:17-19
God will leave me alone.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
I am afraid to go to sleep.
- I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. Psalm 3:5-6
I am afraid of my abusers.
- When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:3-4
There is no refuge from the cult.
- He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Surely He will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:1-4
I have been told I’m going to die.
- All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16
The cult has power over my life/the lives of my children.
- No man has power over the wind to contain it; so no one has power over the day of his death. Ecclesiastes.8:8
I am afraid my God will not save me.
- Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution He will come to save you.” Isaiah35:3-4
Does God have control over other people?
- “See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc; no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 54:16-17
I am afraid to speak about my abuse.
- So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:26-28
- Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Psalm 40:4
- How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! …You said in your heart, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God… I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit. Isaiah 14:12-15
- In that day, the Lord will punish with his sword, his fierce, great and powerful sword, Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; He will slay the monster of the sea. Isaiah 27:1
On child sacrifice.
- They have built the high places… to burn their sons and daughters in the fire: something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind. Jeremiah 7:31
- “Both prophet and priest are godless; even in my temple I find their wickedness,” declares the Lord. “Therefore their path will become slippery; they will be banished to darkness and there they will fall. I will bring disaster on them in the year they are punished,” declares the Lord. Jeremiah 23:11
- I will take the blood from their mouths, the forbidden food from between their teeth. Those who are left will belong to our God. Zecheriah 9:7
On false light.
- … for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. 2 Corinthians11:14b-15
- Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. Ephesians 5:11-12
On vows to protect the lives of others.
- No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him: the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough: that he should live on forever and not see decay. Psalm 49:7-9
- …an undeserved curse does not come to rest. Proverbs 26:2b
- You boast, “We have entered into a covenant with death, with the grave we have made an agreement. When an overwhelming scourge sweeps by, it cannot touch us, for we have made a lie our refuge and falsehood our hiding place.” So this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed. I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the plumb line; hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie, and water will overflow your hiding place. Your covenant with death will be annulled; your agreement with the grave will not stand. When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by, you will be beaten down by it.” Isaiah. 28:15-18
On vows (general).
- But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. Matthew 5:34
- There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. Proverbs 21:30-31
- He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings as eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31
- “Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,” says the Lord Almighty. Zechariah 4:6
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2 Cor. 10:3-5
- I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions, and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10:19
- For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corianthians 10:3-5
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1
On the battle.
- Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:10-18