Intensive Prayer Ministry
The Intensive Session
C.A.R.E., Inc. is a prayer ministry to survivors of severe trauma. These traumas include emotional abuse and neglect, physical abuse and neglect, sexual abuse, spiritual and ritual abuse, and mind control. The ministry tools include spiritual warfare praying, the Word of God, Modeling of the Lord Jesus the Messiah to confront demonic strongholds, and THRIVE principles (what happens to the brain during trauma). Our clients also have an opportunity to visit and talk with our community.
We have many years of experience as counselors with the treatment of trauma-based disorders and are sometimes asked how our ministry differs from Theophostic ministry. We have been through Ed Smith's Theophostic training. Our ministries are similar in that we both pray and ask the Lord Jesus teh Messiah to lead and direct the session and bring His inspiration to the client.
There are no specific methods used other than prayer.
- We believe that the Jesus the Messiah is the author of all healing, and it comes directly through Him.
- We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit to administrate truth to the inner being of a person.
- We believe that Jesus the Messiah has come to proclaim freedom to the captives, to free prisoners from darkness, and to heal the broken-hearted.
- We believe that many people with depression, obsession, panic attacks, suicidal ideations, anorexia/bulimia, insomnia, homosexuality, etc. have unhealed sin issues in their lives that have not been resolved.
- Prayer with discernment is a very powerful tool of healing.
We stand on God's promises in His Word for healing. His Word heals not only memories, but also He shows that forgiveness and repentance are necessary ingredients for healing. God shows what is necessary for healing in a session and then He proceeds to bring that person to the place HE wants them to be.
- 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and will bring you back from captivity.' Jeremiah 29:11-14
- See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand. Deuteronomy 32:39
- I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. 2 Kings 20:5
- If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- I said, 'O LORD, have mercy on me; heal me, for I have sinned against you.' Ps 41:4
- They will turn to the LORD, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them. Isaiah 19:22
- 'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the LORD, 'because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.' Jeremiah 30:17
Based on our many years of experience, we have determined that God is the true healer and the only one who can "set the captives free." Although we recognize that clinical skills are helpful to bring into the prayer sessions, we want to emphasize that we take a spiritual approach in dealing with trauma-based disorders. Because we believe that God is the healer, a distinction needs to be made between professional counseling and what we provide as a prayer ministry. This prayer ministry service does not replace the need for continued professional therapy.
Our goal is not only to offer an intensive time for the survivor, but to teach the survivor's support team to be empowered to continue the work after returning to their own community. We offer follow-up support to the team (pastor, therapist, or caregiver) by phone appointments and further intensives as needed.
We recommend that the survivor and team read The Life Model: Living from the Heart Jesus Gave You before coming for prayer ministry. The support team who attends the prayer ministry sessions with the survivor must have an interest and willingness to learn how to continue the prayer ministry work when the intensive sessions end. It is recommended that a solid Christian foundation be observed in the survivor (accomplished through discipleship and a trusting relationship with a support person who exemplifies Christ) before scheduling an intensive.
Scheduling a Prayer Ministry Session
A survivor MUST have at least one stable, trusted support person who is willing to learn, be led by the Holy Spirit, and is willing to accompany the survivor to the C.A.R.E. facility. The person who attends must be responsible for the safety and support of the survivor during the intensive sessions, especially those involving overnight stays. This offers support for the survivor to manage reactions to the sessions and to provide safety at night from current accessing by perpetrators. Yes, perpetrator accessing during overnight intensives can occur if there is no one to help the survivor at night. It is often helpful to have at least two support team members to share in the responsibility of supporting the survivor through the night and attending the intensive sessions during the day.
When this is established, the survivor is ready to pray with the person for discernment on the timing of scheduling an intensive. The more support team members the survivor can establish, the better resources to offer support for ongoing healing. We have experienced that the more support the person has, the greater strides they are able to make during the intensive sessions. It is recommended that a solid Christian foundation be observed in the survivor (accomplished through discipleship and a trusting relationship with a support person who exemplifies Christ) before scheduling an intensive. It is not necessary that the survivor come to the session with extensive knowledge of his/her internal system; however, it is critical that some parts of the system have a personal trusting relationship with Jesus Christ, as He is the true Healer.
Due to personal differences in abilities and preferences on how much time per day can be devoted to healing, we schedule intensives based on 3-hour intervals per day. Half days (3 hours each day) or full days (6 hours each day) can be reserved for a week or part of a week, depending on the individual need. There is a mandatory lunch break for one hour during the day. Breaks occur throughout the day as needed. The survivor and their support team determine how many hours and how many days to schedule.
Contact our office at 231-745-0500 to discuss available times and fees. We reserve the right to determine when two C.A.R.E. staff members might be required for any session. We will make every effort to work with you if this presents a financial hardship. We also reserve the right to cancel a session in the event of illness or emergency. You will receive a refund for any services we are unable to provide.
Cost of Prayer Ministry
Because we do not take insurance or Medicaid, we try to keep our expenses reasonable. Please call us at 231-745-0500 to get our current rates. We charge by the hour, which goes to the upkeep of our office building and to pay the salaries of the staff. Phone appointments are available at the same rate.
But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction. He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food. Job 36:15-16