C.A.R.E., Inc. seeks to provide the following assistance as outlined by our name:
CONSULTING: To provide Intensive Prayer Ministry in an office setting to survivors of trauma with their support person and consultations via phone to lay persons, pastors, and professionals in order to develop and/or enhance their skills in working with severely wounded men, women and children.
ADVOCACY: To advocate by means of establishing networks of support in communities across the nation and the world to provide the resources for severely wounded men, women, and children according to Isaiah 58:6-7
- loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke (share the gospel of Jesus Messiah)
- set the oppressed free and break every yoke (provide spiritual warfare)
- share your food with the hungry
- provide the poor wanderer with shelter
- when you see the naked, to clothe him
RESOURCES: To provide resources in meeting the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of the wounded, facilitating their safety and healing. Resources include a community house (of women who have had severe trauma), care-giving, spiritual support networks, prayer ministry, consulting with various professional groups with sensitivity and understanding of the impact of severe trauma on local, national, and international levels.
EDUCATION: To educate communities, churches and interested organizations about the serious impact severe trauma has on men, women, and children, along with the needs and issues that arise out of this type of woundedness, through the offering of one week seminars and extended internship training for national and international students. To provide more materials through our CARE Packaging ministry which sells a variety of books, audios, videos, DVDs and articles related to issues of severe trauma.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me
- to bind up the brokenhearted
- severely depressed individuals
- victims of sexual abuse
- children who have lost a parent, sibling or gone through divorce or abuse
- victims of physical abuse
- to proclaim freedom for the captives
- sexual addictions (prostitution, etc.)
- alcohol addictions
- eating disorders
- release from darkness for the prisoners
- post traumatic stress disorders
- dissociative identity disorders (multiple personality disorder)
- to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God
- to comfort all who mourn
- to provide for those who grieve in Zion
- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes
- to give the oil of gladness instead of mourning
- to give a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair
That they will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.
Instead of their shame, my people will receive a double portion and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs. Isaiah 61:1-3, 7
Headed by Jo Getzinger and Cheryl Knight, C.A.R.E., Inc. provides consultations to paraprofessionals and professionals in this nation and throughout the world in order to develop and/or enhance their skills in working with survivors of severe abuse. Concentrating on the needs of the severely wounded and the community alike, we help provide training, advocacy and resources to community services and churches to see those disabled by severe trauma become whole and contributing members of their society.
C.A.R.E., Inc. has become a recognized source of education and support for agencies and individuals seeking to help survivors break free from the cycle of becoming abusive to themselves and others. We also have developed and are the leaders of a community based program for survivors of trauma. With an eye on developing effective networks within communities, social agencies and churches, we endeavor to bridge the gap between the needs of the survivor of abuse and resources of the community, thus benefiting both. We currently specialize in severe trauma, and as additional staff is available, the goal is to provide a general scope of services. People interested in becoming effective helpers to those with abuse issues, especially from the Biblical perspective, will find many opportunities to receive training and encouragement.